In 1605, Sir Cuthbert Clifton purchased the manor of Lytham. He pulled down the
manor house that had replaced the old priory and built his own manor house in a style typical of the
Jacobean architecture of the time.
In 1757 Thomas Clifton built another new Hall incorporating parts of the earlier
building. This Georgian building is one of the outstanding buildings in the Fylde and the grounds are open to
visitors several days a year.