Opening Times
         
 

Windmill & Lifeboat Museum

Mills, Lifeboats and Local History

 

 

Facebook Twitter Google Bookmarks Reddit Stumbleupon Digg

Lowther Gardens

The gardens were laid out by Squire J Talbot Clifton in 1873 and named after his wife, Lady Eleanor Cecily Clifton of the Lowther family. It was set out on poor grazing land once known as "Hungry Moor". The Gardens were given to the town in 1905 and the local authority added the Lowther Pavilion in 1921.

lowther gardens

 

 

 

   Contact Us

   Location

   Site Map



      LHGLogo